I’m constantly being tempted by food. Cakes. Brownies. Or perhaps pasta. Alternatively, you may make smoothies. And I’m never satisfied with eating. So, here are some of the most delectable dishes I’ve tasted in the first half of 2018.
1) Tea villa Cafe, Mumbai. The burger was delicious, and I still fantasise about it. I enjoyed their crispy patty and the flavours that went along with it to make it an incredible burger. Perhaps that was a vegetarian burger. Waffles were another option I considered. Belgian ones with a chocolate sauce, and I’m still looking forward to returning here.
2) Open Kitchen, Ooty. Movie posters from Hollywood. Decor. Homemade thin-crust wood-fired pizzas with a reasonable price. Sounds scrumptious? Well it was, indeed. So glad my brother had a pizza craving at the moment, and we happened upon this charming little gem. We ate paneer pizza and french fries to satisfy our hunger, but if you’re in Ooty, this establishment should be on your must-see list.
3) Baghdadi, CST. This doesn’t require any explanation. But, because it was my first time eating here earlier this year, I can’t stop gushing about how wonderful it was. We had to wait a bit because it was so busy, but it was well worth the wait when the food arrived. We had placed an order for chicken with caramel custard. It’s incredible.
4) Cafe Sea Side, Bandra. The heat in Bombay can be extremely exhausting at times. At the same time, I’m tempted to try different restaurants. Cafe Sea Side near Taj Lands End in Bandra is one such location. Make sure to reserve a seaside table to take in the scenery. To go with the crispy chicken, I chose pav bhaji.
5) Starbucks. When I get paid at the end of the month, this is always my go-to spot. Though I usually get a hot chocolate at Starbucks, this time I went with a Hazelnut frappuccino, which was a great balance of nutty flavours.
That’s all I’ve got for now. This time, I’m hoping to eat at a few more locations in Mumbai!